Thursday 22 December 2011

Thumbs Down Products

Hello everyone,
These are just a few products I either dont like, dont work or just dont work my my skin or hair....
These are just my opinions and they may work for you but sadly they dont work for me.

 DANNI Make up Pallet,
I bought this pallet from eBay for about $8. When I received the product the eye shadows where all broken and cracked and the blushes, every time I open the case another eye shadow breaks off or crumbles... The packaging was really crap, thats why I think the shadows keeps breaking, the colours are alright but the eye brow and blushes dont match my skin tone and make up style.
 
 
 Masquerade Professional  Glitter Cream
I dont know the price because my ex boyfriend bought it for me, sorry. This glitter cream/eye shadow looks nice in the packaging but looks cheap on your eyes. I tried applying it with a eye sponge, brush, my finger... everything but every time the glitter either clumps up or it just spaces out too much, I tried just applying more but it goes clumpy. Definitely would not recommend.


 Vitality Hair Colour Plus Pink 
This hair dye is meant to least a couple of washes but it didnt even last the first rinse... the bottle says leave colour on for 5-30min depending on how vibrant you want the colour, I left it on for 45min... rinsed it out and it looked like a faded disgusting pink that had been in my hair for 6 weeks already. Complete waste of money, I cant remember the price exact but I think it was around $15-$18.

 BYS Liquid Foundation $5
Just to start this off I didnt buy this myself, my friend bought it and it was too light for her so she gave it to me so I'm not too disappointed sense I didnt pay for it and also the price sort of says it wont be the best foundation. Anyway I tried the foundation on the other day and it just slipped straight off my skin and had absolutely no coverage what so ever! I dont normally have oily skin so foundations dont really slip off my face but this one just came straight off. The colour was also really orange on my skin.

 Covergirl Trublend in shade Ivory 405 $17
I used to always buy this foundation and loved it (when I was younger, and didnt want as much coverage.) I dont know if they have done something to the formula recently or my skin has just changed a lot since last time I bought it but I tried it the other month and it came out all splotchy really runny. The coverage isn't great and it doesnt seem to stay on to well. I use this foundation in winter when I am not as tanned, in winter most people are having the sniffles and want a foundation that is going to stay on their nose when they use a tissue, well thats not the case with this foundation. It came off straight away. Not what it used to be... 

Coral Colours Cosmetics in shade NUDE 716 $8
This lipstick is like a bad concealer! Its so dry, matte and think! When I apply it on my lips it actually looks like I just applied concealer to them. This is that it looks like on...
I have tried blending it too, just looks gross.
If I ever got desperate enough I would probably use this as a concealer, aha.
Would not recommend.

Anyone know of a good nude lipstick? 

1 comment: